- Foundations in Computer Science Graduate Certificate, Stanford University 2014 (anticipated).
- B.A. Urban and Regional Planning, Eastern Washington University, 2006.
- Three years of proposal writing and management experience.
- Four years of project management experience.
- Effective public speaker and presenter.
- Intermediate fluency in Java, MATLAB, and Python.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced proficiency is Adobe Creative Suite.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience with Arcview and similar GIS applications.
- Communications and Public Involvement Specialist, Alaskan Way Viaduct and Seawall Replacement Program EnviroIssues, Inc. May 2010 - March 2011
Responsible for managing communications and outreach programs for the
Alaskan Way Viaduct and Seawall Replacement Program. Duties included
developing intra-agency and stakeholder presentations, creating program
materials, as well as development and implementation of communications and
public relations plans.
- Project Manager, Norton-Arnold & Company July 2007 - November 2009
Responsible for planning, stakeholder engagement, and public outreach for
major public projects and programs. Duties included contract administration,
project management, developing program structures, implementation of
communications and public relations plans, as well as planning and managing
web content and automated databases.
- Transportation Planning Specialist II, Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) March 2006 - July 2007
Responsible for research and planning for Washington State transportation policy
plans and programs. Authored and developed public policy documents, and
advised elected officials and executive officers on complex legislative and policy
- Transportation Planning Intern, Federal Highway Administration June 2005 - August 2005
Conducted research and authored a best practices guide on pedestrian safety.
Represented the Federal Highway Administration Florida Division in multi-agency
meetings with state and local agencies for emergency preparedness. Reviewed
state transportation plans and programs for compliance with federal law.
- Student Activities Programming Coordinator, EWU Student Programming Board September 2004 - June 2005
Created and organized campus events. Job duties included media relations, graphic
design, as well as preparing promotional materials and campaigns for campus programs
- Intern, Leadership Spokane September 2002 - March 2004
Responsible for production of educational materials, media relations, event
planning, curriculum coordination, management of youth volunteer program,
grant research, and funding development efforts. Developed first annual Youth
Leadership Summits, a quarterly event for Spokane County high school students;
designed the program curriculum, coordinated speakers, and secured corporate
and non-profit sponsors.
- Intern, International Trade Alliance May 2003 - August 2003
Prepared and published annual report on international trade conducted in
Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, delineating the import and export activity
and trends by industry sector. Conducted interviews with regional businesses
participating in international trade.
- Present Foundations in Computer Science Graduate Certificate, Stanford University.
- 2010 Certificate in Environmental Law and Regulation, University of Washington.
- 2006 Bachelor of Arts, Urban and Regional Planning. College of Business and Public Administration, Eastern Washington University.
- 2006 Professional Achievement Award. College of Business and Public Administration, Eastern Washington University.
- 2009 - 2010 Planning Commissioner, City of Seattle Planning Commission.
- 2008 - 2010 Communications Committee Member, Washington Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- 2008 - 2009 Professional Development Chair, Puget Sound Chapter Board of Directors, Women's Transportation Seminar International.
- 2003 - 2005 Big Sister Mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Spokane County
- 2002 - 2004 Board Member, Leadership Spokane Board of Directors